Saturday, November 15, 2008

Walking!

I took a walk today. The wind was blowing hard, much harder than I would usually dare to walk in. But I learned from my TRF experience that I can walk almost as well as I used to if I use two canes, so I decided to try it out. And it worked great! I went almost the equivalent of three city blocks in a wind that would normally have knocked me down. Now I think I will try to do this every day, or nearly every day. Maybe I can develop a bit of muscle tone; that would be refreshingly different.

In other news, if making a recipe, make sure to know what country the recipe came from. Oh, yeah. England. Explains why these cheese biscuits are flat as cookies. They are cookies.

4 comments:

Drake said...

Glad to hear about your walk! It's great to be able to get out and about... not just for the fresh air, but also for the fact that you get satisfaction out of the ease of walking again ;D

Heh... you two sound like my sister. Whenever she sees a camera, she ducks and dives to get out of the picture.

One Sick Mother said...

Yay for walking! Walking good! (wind bad)

They SHOULD be called biscuits. That is the correct correct,good and onomatopoeic term for a nice crispy disc. Biscuit means nothing when applied to a sproingy unsweetened cake-like thingy.

I have adapted to many American terms I say Truck, Sidewalk and Elevator. But "cookie" just makes no sense to me. You don't cook it. It's already cooked! You snap it in half and dip it in your tea. It's a BISCUIT, dagnabbit!

OK. rant over... ;)

OSM

Lisa Moon said...

Oh, that's wonderful news! Ah, muscle tone... the bane of the existence of many PWDs, yes? Cheers to your increasing mobility!

PS Giggle about the cookies thing; I always thought it was an odd name, too - even though that's what I grew up with.

Queen Slug said...

I love getting out for a good walk, unfortunately it's becoming harder & harder for me to do. I am supposed to be getting some cuff crutches so hopefully they will work as well for me as your 2 canes do for you. I hope you've been able to keep up the walking.

Cheeese....cookies.... hmmm. That just seems an odd mix. Were they good?