Thursday, September 18, 2008

Blue Tag


For months, Carapace and I told ourselves we'd be sure to bring the camera to take a picture of this parking space sign.  Today, at last, we did.  Underneath the traditional blue handicapped parking sign is another sign, in red and white:  "If you don't have a handicapped sign, and if you are planning to park in this space, the owners of this property will place on your bumper the following sticker:  I (heart) parking in handicapped spaces and I don't care."

I suppose it would be better if the owners would simply call the police to have the vehicle ticketed, but maybe some people are motivated more by the threat of a public shaming than by a fine.  In any case, I've never seen the two spots with these signs being abused by non-placard holders.

6 comments:

FridaWrites said...

That's pretty good!! And they do give the warning first to protect themselves.

D Phoenix said...

OMG, that's brilliant. I think this approach would be far more effective than a threat of being towed. People think they can park in these spots and be out of there well before a tow truck would show up but this sticker thing could happen in a flash. It's also just a clear reminder not to be a jerk! Thanks for remembering your camera.

Evil Transport Lady said...

It's perfect! Much better then a fine!

Queen Slug said...

I <3 that sticker!

Jasmine said...

hahaha!

Lisa Moon said...

Ditto, donimo! That's absolutely brilliant!

I might just have to look into making those stickers, lmao!