Friday, January 18, 2008

Question from a reader

Louis Estrada posted in the replies to "Quadrapoligic" a question searching for help for an acquaintance. To improve the chance that someone who can give Luis an answer sees his question, I'm posting it here.

A young man of 20 years of age was shot several times in last year as is now a quadrapoligic and suffers daily of nerve and muscle pain on his legs. USC county hospital considers him a frequent flyer becuase of the many x's be calls 911 to pick him and deliver him to the emergency ward for sever leg pain. They say he comes in just for the pain meds because of his addiction to them. Regardless of the severity of his intake of pain drugs (hopefully he doesn't overdose), the hospital should provide some type of planned program and hospitalization for his pain; and addiction? I'm calling several doctor's and instituents on his behalf but many say they don't work with Medical.
Any free advise on doctors' who work with young ex-gangmembers now sadly disabled because of their previous lifestyles. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Tha[n]ks. Louis Estrada.

No comments: