Monday, April 28, 2008

Whiner

In 2002, a French woman was told by her doctor that she Ehlers Danlos syndrome and that her life over. Amazingly, rather than immediately hit him with the nearest blunt object, Clara Blanc has decided to fulfil his verdict by seeking death. She claims she isn't suicidal, but all the same, wants the right to demand that doctors administer lethal drugs whenever she wishes.

Clara, there's virtually no chance that you will ever read this, but if you do...









GET OVER YOUR DAMNED FOOL SELF!

Fuck's sake, girl, you've got crappy connective tissue. It makes life a bitch sometimes, doesn't it? But chances are that it isn't going to kill you. And you won't likely become more of a vegetable than you already have made yourself into with your self-pity festival. Yeah, you'll probably have to use a wheelchair at some point. Big whoopdedoo. There are people having bombs lobbed at them right now. Others are being attacked by sadists wielding machetes. Some people are being held in small, dark places, tortured and unknown. And every single one of them is fighting to live. You want to die? Do it yourself. Freaking wuss, can't even take responsibility for your own death, much less your life. You claim to want to be the arbitrator of your death? What makes you think you can do that when you won't be arbitrator of your life? You can't face up to the hard choices in life. You want everything easy, and when you found out that your life won't be easy, now you want to be guaranteed an easy death.

And look at the company you are keeping. Dignitas? The Hemlock Society by any other name is still a freaking death cult. They are nothing but bastards who see someone poised on the ledge, ready to leap, and begin shouting "Jump! Jump!" You need to make new friends. People who take life as they find it and live it, knowing this is their one shot. You have plenty of time to be dead, but only now to live.

4 comments:

Elizabeth McClung said...

I have to say that compared to things like ALS or I don't know, being covered with cancer, EDS as a suicidal thing seems a bit, well lowing the bar. I agree with everything you said, and may I point out that I have scolocis which beyond being somewhat painful actually makes one bra strap constantly slide off, so can you call the Hemlock society when they are done with her becuase this bra thing has really done it for me.

yanub said...

I know what you mean about the bra straps. My shoulders are always slightly fallen out of place, and the damned straps just won't stay up. And stupid modern bras have their adjustment at the back instead of where it is easy to get to without getting undressed first. Yes, you are so right. Euthanasia is obviously the only recourse. I just don't know how much longer I can go on like this.

Girl, Dislocated said...

Reading about that woman seriously pissed me off. Then I read these comments and now I'm laughing my butt off at you two!

yanub said...

Oh dear. Well, Girl, I wouldn't want to be the cause of your latest trip to the ER. But if so, I look forward to reading how you explain to the doc on call how you came to have a dislocated butt.